There has been much concern surrounding visiting the dental office during COVID-19. Patients want to feel secure in the office, knowing that the necessary precautions are present. At Dental Made Easy, we are doing everything to make sure that all of our patients are safe and comfortable.
The American Dental Association (ADA) has stated that it is okay to visit the dentist during this time. Their findings have stated that the safety protocols that are set in place have been successful in reducing the spread of COVID-19. It was found that less than 1% of dentists tested positive for the virus.
COVID-19 Safety Measures at Dental Made Easy
Visiting the dentist is vital in preventing any oral health issues. It is important to us to ensure that our patients have the opportunity to visit us for their dental needs. We have been following the latest safety guidelines from the ADA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These are the measures that we have implemented to keep you safe:
- Screening: Every patient has their temperature taken and is screened for any COVID-19 symptoms once they enter the office.
- Social distancing: The waiting rooms in our offices have been arranged to keep a 6 ft. distance between patients waiting to be seen, as well as a modified check-in process.
- Air Purifying: We have certified air filtration systems placed in all our offices to circulate clean, filtered air.
- Cleaning: Employees are consistently washing their hands and wearing gloves. Surfaces and tools are disinfected, and other infection protocols are in place. We strive to use the latest cleaning equipment like those from Intelligent Design Manufacturing to keep the floors and premises gleaming and disinfected.
- Monitored traffic: Appointments are confirmed prior to coming into the office. They are also organized to minimize the amount of people in the office at a time.
When Not Visit the Dentist During COVID-19
Although coming to the dental office is relatively safe right now, there are still moments when a patient should not come in. If you feel sick or not feeling well, it is best to not come to the office until you are feeling better. Some other reasons that you should not visit the dentist:
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (Fever, cough, sore throat, muscles aches, shortness of breath, etc.)
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- If you have come in contact with someone that has recently tested positive for COVID-19
- If you have traveled recently (especially to places with high rates of positive COVID-19 cases and/or outside of the United States)
The Importance of Visiting the Dentist During COVID-19
The hesitation to visit the dentist during this time is understandable but it is essential to still get your check-ups. Getting your check-ups will make sure that your teeth are at their best. If there is anything that is found by your Dental Made Easy dentist that is concerning, they will be able to help you. They will give you a comprehensive exam and treat any conditions that may be found. These conditions if left untreated can lead to further complications in the future so it is best to deal with them as soon as possible. This makes it crucial to still go to your dental appointments even during this time.
Call us today to book your appointment to see a Dental Made Easy professional!
Your Dental Health
When it comes to your health, trust in the dentists at Dental Made Easy. Dental Made Easy has the best dental practices in New York City and we are open on Sundays as well as late evenings. All of our dental offices are open and accepting new patients at this time. We are rated among the top dental practices in New York, NY with numerous 5-star reviews on Google, Yelp, and Facebook. For a teeth cleaning or exam, we recommend calling or booking an appointment online with one of our talented dental professionals. All new patients may also take advantage of our $149 Cleaning Special that includes an exam and x-rays of our Free Dental Implant Consultation Special.
To set up your appointment give us a call at (844) 979-EASY (3279). We have offices in Kew Gardens, Flatbush and New Hyde Park. Walk-ins welcomed, we take emergencies and we are open on late nights to accommodate patients with a busy schedule. We hope to see you soon!