Stained, yellow teeth can be a source of shame and low self-confidence. Teeth whitening brings back your lost smile by giving a bright and clean look to your teeth. You need to take care of your teeth hygiene and aesthetics as it has great importance in daily life. With professional whitening, your dentist removes the enamel substances and dentin tissue on the surface of your tooth.
Some Reasons Behind Dull Teeth?
Dull and discolored teeth are more common than you know and it is very easy to get the color of your teeth changed. Here are a few reasons why your teeth are yellow:
- Daily consumption of caffeine, tea, or coffee is the cause of yellow-colored teeth.
- Besides other cons of smoking nicotine, it also leads to yellow stains on your teeth.
- There are a few medicines that make your teeth yellow because of the substances it contains.
- Fluoridated water, toothpaste, and excessive fluoride can turn your teeth white.
- Genetics is also one of the reasons why you have yellow or white teeth. If your parents have yellow teeth you might have yellow teeth too.
- Dentine tissue makes your teeth appear yellow if the enamel in your teeth is thin.
How to Keep Your Teeth White, Longer?
If you want your teeth to appear white it is important to brush correctly and often. Avoid foods that cause your teeth to become yellow. Go for a regular dental check-up from your dentist. Many times you cannot prevent your teeth from getting yellow even after taking good care, so whitening or other techniques are necessary to keep them white.
What is Laser Teeth Whitening?
Laser teeth whitening is one of the effective and safe procedures used to brighten your teeth. Laser whitening can whiten your intrinsic and extrinsic stains from the surface caused by diet and deep stains because of tooth trauma. It involves bleaching gel application and activation via laser radiation. Bleaching cannot take place with the actual laser but activates the bleaching gel, heat it up, and make it work more effectively. This whitening procedure is different from other procedures and a doctor supervises the treatment with laser beams. The procedure is 90% effective and doesn’t have any negative effects on the patient.
Teeth Whitening Costs
Teeth whitening is not more expensive than your smile. It costs between $400 and $1,800, done by the dentists with the application of professional teeth whitening products and devices. The cost might vary depending on the procedure recommended and applied by the dentist.
How to Take Care of Your Teeth After Teeth Whitening?
After getting your teeth whitened you need to follow your dentist’s instructions which might include:
- Avoid caffeinating very often
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid foods containing dyes and acidic foods
- Avoiding eating foods containing dyes
- Avoiding acidic foods
- Avoiding smoking
- Keep your mouth clean via brushing, flossing, and mouth washing.
Does Laser Teeth Whitening Work for Everyone?
Teeth whitening is not for you if you have lesions around the roots of a tooth, deep decay, exposed cracks and dentin in enamel, and large restorations in teeth. Pregnant women and elderly patients with yellow roots and gum recession should avoid getting laser whitening as laser light harms them.
What are the Side Effects of Laser Teeth Whitening? Is It Safe?
You may feel discomfort in all whitening procedures. You may feel sensitivity in your teeth or gums during laser bleaching. But, it stops as soon as the procedure is completed. So, the treatment is safe, but there is a risk of irritating gums, tooth sensitivity, and dehydrating teeth due to a high concentration of peroxide. However, it is still a safer option for teeth whitening as it focuses on specific areas.